Date of birth: May 13, 1957
First elected: May 2008
Last reappointment: May 2016
Term expires: General Meeting 2020
Business address: 54, rue la Boétie – 75008 Paris (France)
Independent director / Member of the Appointments and Governance Committee / Member of the Compensation Committee
Directorships and appointments outside the Sanofi Group
Directorships as of 12/31/2017
- Director of Fondation de l’Université de Lyon (France), Fondation C-Génial (France) and Fondation d’Entreprise L’Oréal (France)
- Member of Académie des Technologies (France), Académie des Sports (France), Académie Nationale de l’Air et de l’Espace (France) and Académie des Sciences de l’Outre-Mer (France)
Past directorships expiring within the last five years
- Director and member of the Innovation and Technology Committee of Orange** (France), Director of Fondation de France (France), École Normale Supérieure (France), Campus Condorcet (France), Pôle de Recherche et d’Enseignement Supérieur Hautes-Études-Sorbonne-Arts-et-Métiers (France), and Fondation Lacoste (France)
- Chairwoman of Universcience (Cité des Sciences et de l’Industrie et Palais de la Découverte) (France)
- Chairwoman of the Board of Directors of La Géode (France)
(*) Listed companies are indicated by an asterisk.
Education and business experience
Claudie Haigneré is a rheumatologist, with a Doctorate in sciences majoring in neurosciences. In 1985 she was selected by the CNES (French National Space Center) as an astronaut candidate.
She is currently a Director for several foundations and a member of academies in France.
Claudie Haigneré began her career as a rheumatologist at Cochin Hospital in Paris in 1984. In 1996, she participated in the scientific space mission to the MIR space station (Cassiopée, Franco-Russian mission), then in 2001, in the scientific and technical space mission to the International Space Station (Andromède mission). From 2002 to 2004, she was Deputy Minister for Research and New Technologies in the French government, then Deputy Minister for European Affairs from 2004 to 2005. Between 2005 and 2009, she was Counselor to the European Space Agency (ESA).
Claudie Haigneré holds the rank of Grand Officier in the “Légion d’honneur” (French Legion of Honor), is Knight of the National Order of Merit and an Aeronautics Medal Holder.