Deputy Chief Executive Officer in charge of Finance & Legal Affairs of Schneider Electric*
Date of birth: February 13, 1967
First elected: May 2018
Term expires: General Meeting 2022
Business address: 54, rue la Boétie – 75008 Paris (France)
Independent director / Member of the Audit Committee
Education and business experience
Since April 2013, Emmanuel Babeau is Deputy Chief Executive Officer in charge of Finance & Legal Affairs of Schneider Electric, office renewed on April 25, 2017.
Emmanuel Babeau began his career at Arthur Andersen in late 1990. In 1993, he joined Pernod Ricard as an Internal Auditor. He was appointed Head of Internal Audit, Corporate Treasury and Consolidation in 1996. He subsequently held several executive positions at Pernod Ricard, notably outside France, among which he served as Finance and Administrative Director Spain subsidiary in 1997. In 2001, Emmanuel Babeau rejoined Pernod Ricard head-offices in Paris to hold position of Vice President, Development, in charge of the integration of Seagram. Progressing fast, he was appointed CFO in 2003 and Group Deputy Managing Director of Finance in 2006, supervising Finance, Information Systems and Industry Administrations. He joined Schneider Electric in 2009 as Executive Vice President Finance and Member of the Management Board of Schneider Electric.
Emmanuel Babeau is graduated from the Ecole supérieure de commerce de Paris (ESCP, 1989), and also holds a postgraduate diploma in finance and accounting (DESCF).
Directorships and appointments outside the Sanofi Group
Directorships as of 12/31/2019
- Schneider Electric Group :
- Director of Schneider Electric Industries SAS (France)
- Member of the Supervisory Board of d’InnoVista Sensors SAS (France), Aster Capital Partners SAS (France), Schneider Electric Energy Access representing Schneider Electric Industries SAS (France)
- Director of AO Schneider Electric, Schneider Electric (China) Co. Ltd. (China), Samos Acquisition Company Ltd. (United Kingdom), Schneider Electric USA Inc. (United States), Schneider Electric Holdings Inc. (United States), Carros Sensors Topco Ltd. (formerly InnoVista Sensors Topco Ltd.) (United States)
- Vice Chairman of Aveva Group Plc. (United Kingdom)
- Director of Sodexo* (France)
- Managing Partner of SCI GETIJ
(*) Listed companies are indicated by an asterisk.