Chairman of Weinberg Capital Partners
Date of birth: February 10, 1951
First elected: December 2009
Last reappointment: April 2019
Term expires: General Meeting 2023
Business address: 54, rue la Boétie – 75008 Paris (France)
Independent director / Chairman of the Board of Directors / Chairman of the Appointments, Governance and CSR Committee / Chairman of the Strategy Committee / Member of the Scientific Committee
Directorships and appointments outside the Sanofi Group
Directorships as of 12/31/2018
- Chairman of Weinberg Capital Partners (France)
- Chairman of Maremma (France)
- Managing director of Alret (France)
- Weinberg Capital Partners’ permanent representative on the Board of Directors of ADIT
- Director of Madrigall (France)
Past directorships expiring within the last five years
- Director of Alliance Automotive Participations SAS (France) and Schneider Electric* (France)
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Financière BFSA (France) and Schneider Electric* (France)
- Weinberg Capital Partners’ permanent representative on the Board of Directors of Sasa Industrie (France)
- Vice Chairman and director of Financière Sasa (France)
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Financière Climater SAS (France) and Financière Tess SAS (France)
- Chairman of Financière Piasa (France) and Piasa Holding (France)
- Chairman of Corum (Switzerland)
(*) Listed companies are indicated by an asterisk.
Education and business experience
Serge Weinberg holds a Bachelor’s degree in Law, a Graduate Degree of « Institut d’Études Politiques » and is a Graduate of ENA (Ecole Nationale d’Administration).
Since 2015 he is Chairman of the investment firm Weinberg Capital Partners.
Serge Weinberg held different positions as a « sous-préfet » from 1976 to 1981, and became Chief of Staff of the French Budget Minister, Laurent Fabius, in 1981. After serving as Deputy General Manager for Finance at the French Television Channel FR3 (1982-1983), he became Chief Executive Officer and then Chairman of the Havas Tourisme Group from 1983 to 1987. He served as CEO of Pallas Finance for three years before joining the Pinault Group in 1990 as President of CFAO. In the Pinault Group he served as Chairman and CEO of Rexel from 1991 to 1995 and chaired the Management Board of the PPR Group (currently named Kering) for 10 years. He was appointed Chairman of the Board in May 2010. He was interim CEO between October 29, 2014 and April 1, 2015. Serge Weinberg has been an independent Director of Sanofi since October 2015. Serge Weinberg is also a member of the Board of the AFEP and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. He is also a founder of the Institute for Brain and Spinal Cord Disorders (ICM).
Serge Weinberg holds the rank of Officer in the “Légion d’honneur” (French Legion of Honor).