Sanofi’s social impact strategy aims to build a healthier, more resilient world by ensuring access to healthcare for the world’s poorest people, and bringing a much needed focus to the development of treatment for childhood cancer. Integrated into the company’s Play to Win business strategy, Sanofi’s commitment to society will continue the fight against infectious diseases such as sleeping sickness and polio, while accelerating its goals to reduce the environmental impact of its products and its worldwide operations. Key to tackling the global challenges that face society are its people, who each have a role to play in building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Our reporting principles are based on the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standards, under the “Core” option. Sanofi is also a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact.
- Sanofi publishes an Integrated Report based on the International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) framework. It presents, in a synthetic manner, the Group’s strategy for creating short, mid- and long-term value (financial and extra-financial) for the company and its stakeholders.
- Sanofi also publishes in its French registration document (Document d’Enregistrement Universel) a chapter on Corporate Social Responsibility (Chapter 4) which includes our Statement of Extra Financial Performance (DPEF). An English translation of this chapter is available below.
- CSR indicators and the auditors’ report are reported in the factsheet CSR Indicators Table and Auditor’s Report, see below.
- Other reference documents and factsheets are available in the Document Center of the “Our Responsibility” section (see below).
Our Integrated Report 2021
2020 Declaration of Extra-Financial Performance
Recognition for our extra-financial performance
Sanofi’s performance is recognized through our inclusion in the most important international Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) indices including:
- Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) World (Bronze Class): reference index in sustainable Development
- FTSE4Good (Financial Times Stock Exchange)
- Access to Medicine Index (ATM)
- Stoxx® Global ESG Leaders indices
|SANOFI rankings & scores - 2020/2021|
(Higher is better)
|CDP Climate Change
|CDP Water||Score: A|
Score of 62 out of 100