Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is an integral part of Sanofi’s core business strategy. By building a pragmatic and innovative approach to meet today’s CSR challenges, it contributes to value creation and improving our business.
The Corporate Social Responsibility department, in coordination with the Investor Relations department, is in charge of the information analyzed by socially responsible investors and rating agencies which assess companies according to social, environmental, economic and governance criteria.
Sanofi CSR strategy is driven by material issues defined with the input of our stakeholders
CSR Strategy embedded in the Business
Sanofi’s contribution goes beyond medical care. Whether improving access to care, reducing our environmental footprint, or taking on the role of a responsible corporate citizen in other ways, we want to make sure that Corporate Social Responsibility is embedded into all of our activities.
Our reporting principles are based on the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standards, under the “Core” option. Sanofi is also a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact.
- Sanofi publishes an Integrated Report based on the International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) framework. It presents, in a synthetic manner, the Group’s strategy for creating short, mid- and long-term value (financial and extra-financial) for the company and its stakeholders.
- Sanofi also publishes in its French registration document (Document d’Enregistrement Universel) a chapter on Corporate Social Responsibility (Chapter 4) which includes our Statement of Extra Financial Performance (DPEF). An English translation of this chapter is available below.
- CSR indicators and the auditors’ report are reported in the factsheet CSR Indicators Table and Auditor’s Report, see below.
- Other reference documents and factsheets are available in the Document Center of the “Our Responsibility” section (see below).
Recognition for our extra-financial performance
Sanofi’s performance is recognized through our inclusion in the most important international Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) indices including:
- Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) World (Bronze Class): reference index in sustainable Development
- FTSE4Good (Financial Times Stock Exchange)
- Access to Medicine Index (ATM)
- Stoxx® Global ESG Leaders indices
|SANOFI rankings & scores - 2018/2019|
22nd among 200
|CDP Climate Change
|CDP Water||Score: A-|
|ATM index (2018)||
(2) Sanofi ranks 1st in pharmaceutical sector
(3) ISS ESG acquired Oekom rating agency in 2018