Message from Serge Weinberg, Chairman of the Board of Directors
In 2017, we made significant progress in implementing our priorities and executing on our strategic transformation for continued value creation thanks to the ongoing commitment of Sanofi teams. Sanofi relies on a diversified model in which the fastest growing businesses such as Vaccines, Specialty Medicine and Emerging Markets have offset the decline of the Diabetes business. The launch of the new Immunology franchise is a success.
Interview with Olivier Brandicourt, CEO
What progress have you made on your strategy in 2017?
We have made real progress in achieving our strategic priorities in 2017...
Speaking of acquisitions, can you comment on the transactions announced in January 2018?
In January 2018, we announced major and complementary deals...
And what about the launch of new products?
While the launches for some products have been mixed, we are very satisfied with the rollout of our Immunology franchise, especially the launch of Dupixent®. In February 2018, more than 33,000 atopic dermatitis patients in the U.S. have been prescribed this ground-breaking medicine.
Full-Year 2017 Results
Strong performance of Sanofi Genzyme, Sanofi Pasteur and Emerging Markets in 2017
Sales in 2017 reached €35,055M, up 3.6% compared to 2016. At CER, sales were up 5.6%, reflecting the acquisition of the Boehringer Ingelheim Consumer Healthcare business and the consolidation of the Vaccines business in Europe. At CER/CS, sales increased by 0.5%.
Sanofi expects 2018 business EPS to grow between 2% and 5% at CER.
ODYSSEY OUTCOMES results
Praluent® significantly reduces risk of cardiovascular events in high-risk patients
The ODYSSEY OUTCOMES trial met its primary endpoint, demonstrating that high-risk patients who added Praluent® (alirocumab) to maximally-tolerated statins experienced significantly fewer major adverse cardiovascular events...
Annual General Meeting 2018Sanofi holds its General Meeting on May 2, 2018 at the Palais des Congrès in Paris.
The main items on the agenda will be:
- the approval of the 2017 financial statements and the payment of a dividend of €3.03 per share;
- the composition of the Board of Directors: reappointment of three directors and appointment of a new director...
- FDA to review Dupixent® for persistent, uncontrolled asthma
- New milestone for sleeping sickness treatment fexinidazole
- Dominique Carouge appointed Executive Vice President, Business Transformation
- Creation of infectious disease open innovation R&D platform
- 2017 Annual Report on Form 20-F
Rare blood disorders
With the acquisition of Bioverativ and the planned acquisition of Ablynx, Sanofi should expand its presence in specialty care and set up a platform that should ensure its growth in rare blood disorders and meet the needs of the community of patients.
The acquisition of Bioverativ and the planned acquisition of Ablynx are consistent with Sanofi's strategic priorities...
Your new dedicated sectionIn 2018, Sanofi’s website changes, and so does your dedicated Individual Shareholders’ section. Today, on sanofi.com you will find:
- A simplified navigation structure for an intuitive user experience
- Dynamic and easily accessible content
- Responsive design, adapted for access on all types of media
- A website enabling interaction with all social media channels...