Media Update: New data from fast-growing innovative Oncology pipeline and portfolio to be presented at 2022 ASCO Annual Meeting
New data from fast-growing innovative Oncology pipeline and portfolio to be presented at 2022 ASCO Annual Meeting
- Data to be shared across multiple tumor types, including multiple myeloma, lung cancer and breast cancer
- Safety and efficacy data for our investigational antibody drug conjugate (ADC) tusamitamab ravtansine add to the growing body of evidence for our potential first-in-class therapy for the treatment of nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancer (NSQ NSCLC) with CEACAM5 expression
- Early clinical data for Sarclisa® (isatuximab) subcutaneous administration using an on-body delivery device highlight potential for a unique, patient-centric treatment experience in multiple myeloma
Paris, May 17, 2022. New research at the 2022 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting from June 3-7 underscores Sanofi’s commitment to improving care across its core focus areas, including multiple myeloma, lung and breast cancers.
Chief Medical Officer, Global Head of Development at Sanofi
“Oncology is a core area for Sanofi, as evidenced by the doubling of our pipeline between 2019 and 2022. As we continue to pursue transformative research to develop advanced medicines for people living with cancer, our portfolio has grown to more than ten therapies in clinical trials. In parallel, we continue to leverage external innovation through strategic collaborations and investments in cutting edge technologies. Over ten value-creating acquisitions and business development deals in the past two years have reshaped our footprint in oncology, expanding our capacities with leading talent, as well as state-of-the-art molecules and technologies in immuno-oncology, molecular oncology, and genomic medicine.”
Safety and efficacy data for tusamitamab ravtansine add to growing body of evidence for our potential first-in-class therapy for the treatment of nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancer (NSQ NSCLC) with CEACAM5 expression*
- Abstract 9039: Safety and efficacy of tusamitamab ravtansine (SAR408701) in long-term treated patients with NSQ NSCLC expressing carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 5 (CEACAM5)
Early clinical data for Sarclisa® (isatuximab) in combination with pomalidomide-dexamethasone highlight potential for subcutaneous administration by an on-body delivery system for the treatment of relapsed refractory multiple myeloma (RRMM)
- Abstract 8025: Subcutaneous (SC) isatuximab administration by an on-body delivery system (OBDS) in combination with pomalidomide-dexamethasone (Pd) in patients with RRMM: Interim phase 1b study results
Updates on trials for amcenestrant, an oral selective estrogen receptor degrader (SERD), for the potential treatment of breast cancer*
- Abstract TPS607: Adjuvant study of amcenestrant (SAR439859) versus tamoxifen for patients with hormone receptor-positive (HR+) early breast cancer (EBC), who have discontinued adjuvant aromatase inhibitor therapy due to treatment-related toxicity (AMEERA-6)
- Abstract 528: AMEERA-4: A preoperative window-of-opportunity (WOO) study to assess the pharmacodynamic (PD) activity of amcenestrant or letrozole in postmenopausal patients with ER+/HER2- primary breast cancer
Biomarker research for SAR444881, a potential first-in-class anti-ILT2 monoclonal antibody*
- Abstract 2571: Evaluation of pharmacodynamic and patient enrichment biomarkers for SAR444881, a first-in-class anti-ILT2 monoclonal antibody for cancer immunotherapy
Trial in progress for investigational use of Libtayo® (cemiplimab) in patients with high-risk cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (CSCC)
- Abstract TPS9592: C-POST protocol update: A Phase 3, randomized, double-blind study of adjuvant cemiplimab versus placebo post surgery and radiation therapy (RT) in patients with high-risk CSCC
Libtayo is being jointly developed by Sanofi and Regeneron under a global collaboration agreement.
Safety and efficacy data for SAR439459, a transforming growth factor beta (TGF-β) inhibitor*
- Abstract 2524: Safety and efficacy results from the expansion phase of the first-in-human study evaluating TGFβ inhibitor SAR439459 alone and combined with cemiplimab in adults with advanced solid tumors
Immunogenomic analysis for IL-2-based immunotherapies*
- Publication Only: Detailed immunogenomic analysis of high dose IL-2 pharmacodynamic effects: A benchmark for next-generation IL-2-based immunotherapies
Health economics and outcomes research in NSCLC
- Publication Only: Insights into the advanced non-small cell lung cancer patient journey: Treatment decision-making, preferences, and quality of life considerations
Click here to view these abstracts located in the ASCO Meeting Library.
*These assets are currently under investigation and their safety and efficacy has not been fully evaluated by any health authority.
We are an innovative global healthcare company, driven by one purpose: we chase the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. Our team, across some 100 countries, is dedicated to transforming the practice of medicine by working to turn the impossible into the possible. We provide potentially life-changing treatment options and life-saving vaccine protection to millions of people globally, while putting sustainability and social responsibility at the center of our ambitions.
Sanofi is listed on EURONEXT: SAN and NASDAQ: SNY
Eva Schaefer-Jansen | + 33 7 86 80 56 39 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Arnaud Delépine | + 33 6 73 69 36 93 | email@example.com
Corentine Driancourt | + 33 6 40 56 92 21 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Felix Lauscher | + 1 908 612 7239 | email@example.com
Priya Nanduri | + 1 617 764 6418 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Nathalie Pham | + 33 7 85 93 30 17 | email@example.com
Sanofi Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Forward-looking statements are statements that are not historical facts. These statements include projections and estimates and their underlying assumptions, statements regarding plans, objectives, intentions and expectations with respect to future financial results, events, operations, services, product development and potential, and statements regarding future performance. Forward-looking statements are generally identified by the words “expects”, “anticipates”, “believes”, “intends”, “estimates”, “plans” and similar expressions. Although Sanofi’s management believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, investors are cautioned that forward-looking information and statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties, many of which are difficult to predict and generally beyond the control of Sanofi, that could cause actual results and developments to differ materially from those expressed in, or implied or projected by, the forward-looking information and statements. These risks and uncertainties include among other things, the uncertainties inherent in research and development, future clinical data and analysis, including post marketing, decisions by regulatory authorities, such as the FDA or the EMA, regarding whether and when to approve any drug, device or biological application that may be filed for any such product candidates as well as their decisions regarding labelling and other matters that could affect the availability or commercial potential of such product candidates, the fact that product candidates if approved may not be commercially successful, the future approval and commercial success of therapeutic alternatives, Sanofi’s ability to benefit from external growth opportunities, to complete related transactions and/or obtain regulatory clearances, risks associated with intellectual property and any related pending or future litigation and the ultimate outcome of such litigation, trends in exchange rates and prevailing interest rates, volatile economic and market conditions, cost containment initiatives and subsequent changes thereto, and the impact that COVID-19 will have on us, our customers, suppliers, vendors, and other business partners, and the financial condition of any one of them, as well as on our employees and on the global economy as a whole. Any material effect of COVID-19 on any of the foregoing could also adversely impact us. This situation is changing rapidly and additional impacts may arise of which we are not currently aware and may exacerbate other previously identified risks. The risks and uncertainties also include the uncertainties discussed or identified in the public filings with the SEC and the AMF made by Sanofi, including those listed under “Risk Factors” and “Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements” in Sanofi’s annual report on Form 20-F for the year ended December 31, 2021. Other than as required by applicable law, Sanofi does not undertake any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking information or statements.