President of Truffle Capital SAS
Date of birth: September 26, 1953
First elected: May 2014
Last reappointment: May 2018
Term expires: General Meeting 2022
Business address: 54, rue la Boétie – 75008 Paris (France)
Independent director / Chairman of the Compensation Committee / Member of the Appointments, Governance and CSR Committee / Member of the Strategy Committee
Directorships and appointments outside the Sanofi Group
Directorships as of 12/31/2018
- Director of Bouygues* (France), Lafarge-Holcim* (Suisse), Elval-Halcor SA* (Grèce)
- President of Truffle Capital SAS (France), PKC&I SAS (France)
- Permanent representative of PKC&I on the Supervisory Board of Segula Technologies (France)
- Vice-President of Les Arts Florissants choral group association
Past directorships expiring within the last five years
- Alstom Group:
- Chairman and CEO of Alstom* (France)
- President of Alstom Ressources Management (France)
- Director and Managing Director d’Alstom Asia Pte. Ltd (Singapour)
- Director of Association Française des Entreprises Privées (France)
(*) Listed companies are indicated by an asterisk.
Education and business experience
Patrick Kron is a graduate of École polytechnique and the Paris École des mines.
Since November 2016, he is President of Truffle Capital.
Patrick Kron started his career in the French Ministry of Industry where he served from 1979 until 1984. He then joined the Pechiney Group where from 1984 until 1988 he held operational responsibilities in one of the Group’s most important factories in Greece, becoming manager of the Greek subsidiary. From 1988 to 1993, he occupied several senior operational and financial positions within Pechiney, first managing a group of activities in the processing of aluminium and eventually as President of the Electrometallurgy Division. In 1993, he became a member of the Executive Committee of the Pechiney Group and was appointed Chairman of the Board of the Carbone Lorraine Company, a position he held until 1997. From 1995 to 1997, he ran the Food and Health Care Packaging Sector of Pechiney and held the position of Chief Operating Officer of the American National Can Company in Chicago (USA). From 1998 to 2002, Patrick Kron was Chief Executive Officer of Imerys before joining Alstom in 2002. He was appointed CEO of Alstom, then Chairman and CEO in 2003, a position he held until January 2016, when he created PKC&I
Patrick Kron was awarded the Légion d’honneur in 2004 and is Officer of National Order of Merit since 2007.