Sanofi is actively engaged in tackling significant health issues faced by vulnerable communities throughout the world. Philanthropy is an important element of our company’s commitment to society and is an integral part of our approach to access to medicines.
In recent years, partly through the former Sanofi Espoir Foundation, we have focused on improving outcomes for children with cancer and donating our products in crisis situations, when and where they are needed most.
But today we see new challenges, and so we are evolving to continue serving people in the most impactful ways. With this aim in mind, we proudly present a new approach to phillanthropy: Foundation S – The Sanofi Collective.
Launch of Foundation S - The Sanofi Collective
What are the aims of Foundation S?
Through a “Think & Do Tank” approach, Foundation S seeks to amplify innovation and collaboration, and support concrete actions to improve the lives of people in vulnerable communities in three key areas:
- Fighting childhood cancer
- Increasing health resilience of climate vulnerable populations
- Broadening donations of our products to target humanitarian needs
My Child Matters
Foundation S brings together the expertise of external partners and the energy and commitment of the people of Sanofi to innovate, and act with agility.
- The foundation’s “Think Tank” will encourage thought-provoking dialogue and collaboration with an external committee composed of experts and stakeholders. They will guide our actions, particularly in our focus on health and the climate.
- The “Do Tank” will support program implementation using the skills of our employees.
- Foundation S will also serve as a medium-term social incubator for innovative public health projects in our key areas, enabling deployment on a larger scale. These projects will be supported by both financial and human resources.
"We cannot change the world on our own – intelligence of the heart can only be collective. The launch of Foundation S is the culmination of joint ideas and forces. Collaborating with diverse and multicultural partners and our people, the Sanofi Collective combines our energy and expertise to deepen our impact for communities in need."
Vanina Laurent-Ledru, Head of Foundation S