Sanofi has been awarded the second highest score in the pharma industry by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI). Recognized for its performance for the 15th consecutive year, this enables Sanofi to be included in both DJSI World Index1 and DJSI Europe Index.
For the 2021 Edition, Sanofi ranked best in class in the following categories:
- Materiality, Social Reporting and Environmental Reporting, highlighting our transparency commitments and continuous reporting efforts on Environmental, Social and Governance topics
- Innovation management, recognizing our work to transform scientific knowledge and medical advances into cutting-edge therapies to improve people’s lives worldwide
- Talent attraction and retention, underscoring our strategy to build a workforce that fully reflects the society we live in and the patients we serve
- Impact valuation underlining our efforts to measure the impact of our access to healthcare initiatives
“This recognition for many years reflects Sanofi’s long-term commitment to society, based on solid fundamentals and an ambitious new social strategy”, said Sandrine Bouttier-Stref, Global Head of Corporate Social Responsibility, “we’re proud to maintain a leading position among pharma companies.”
- S&P Dow Jones Indices is the largest global resource for essential index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. The DJSI World Index applies a transparent, rules-based constituent selection process based on the companies’ S&P Global ESG Score resulting from the annual S&P Global Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA). This year, more than 10,000 publicly traded companies were invited to participate in the S&P Global CSA.