Building Representative Leadership
- At least 50% of people in every succession plan will be women, who are either ready now or will be ready within two years.
- By 2025, 50% of our senior leaders and 40% of our executives will be women. The other diversity strands we are focusing on are age, race, ethnicity, faith, disability, and the LGBTQIA+ community. We will strive to ensure they are equally represented in our leadership and teams across Sanofi, and will set key performance indicators that are locally relevant in each country. Other diversity strands that are not necessarily protected characteristics by law in certain countries, such as socio-economic background, are also considered in our diversity and inclusion strategy.
Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Diversity means nothing unless it goes hand in hand with inclusive behavior and a culture that allows our employees to thrive. We’re tackling this in three ways:
- Embracing different ways of working by offering flexibility and full access to wellness programs for 100% of our employees.
- Nurturing a culture where everyone feels they belong by ensuring managers have the tools to build and sustain an inclusive culture while providing employees with the support they need to guarantee their voices are heard.
- Evolving our workplace to meet our employees’ visible and invisible needs by making sure that 100% of our sites provide accessibility, inclusive technologies, and ways of working that will allow them to be fully productive in the workplace.
Engaging With Diverse Communities
We want to have a positive social impact that goes beyond health and strengthens economic engagement with the communities we serve.
- In procurement, we’re strengthening communities’ economic engagement with our suppliers through a Solidarity Sourcing program that ensures our large corporate supplier base reflects our behaviors. We have a supplier diversity program in place that increases the inclusion of historically disadvantaged or under-represented groups in our sourcing processes. Our goal is to engage 450 suppliers by 2025 representing over €6 billion (40% of our global expenditure).
- Supporting our senior leaders in driving projects that will have a positive local impact and foster employee volunteerism.
- We are committed to better representing diversity among our patients in clinical trials.