Sanofi is a global sponsor of BioLabs, a premier shared laboratory space for life science and biotech startups to test new ideas and innovate. Sanofi will award three promising start-up companies a one-year free residence at one of the following BioLabs sites:
The two key focus areas for 2023 addressing therapeutic challenges in immunology and neurology are:
- New immunological therapies for chronic inflammatory diseases (including enabling technologies and precision medicine approaches) e.g mechanisms that induce tolerance and restore immune homeostasis, activation of inhibitory immune checkpoints, cytokine multi-targeting and antigen-specific therapies.
- New disease-modifying therapies targeting the neuroinflammation pathways for neurological and neurodegenerative disorders, including progressive multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2023 Golden Ticket Competition !
- Paris Hôtel Dieu : Scienta Lab, building a proprietary AI model to enable quicker treatment decision making in precision immunology and inflammation.
- Heidelberg : Medraxa Therapeutics, leveraging a novel checkpoint system for autoimmune diseases with known antigen specificities.
- Boston : Artus Therapeutics, developing first-in-class oral therapeutics for inflammatory and metabolic diseases by targeting gut barrier permeability dysfunction.