As researchers, we are passionate about scientific excellence because what we do today may improve the lives of people tomorrow. We work to transform scientific knowledge and medical advances into cutting-edge therapies to improve people’s lives worldwide. Discovering solutions for the world’s most pressing medical needs is our top priority.
Our R&D community is made up of scientists, physicians, technicians, product and manufacturing engineers and world-class innovators, all of whom contribute to our scientific leadership. Our goal is breakthrough innovation that can transform, extend and potentially save lives.
As people live longer, chronic conditions are on the rise. New viruses and diseases are emerging, while old enemies like cancer and neurodegenerative diseases remain. Sanofi is driven by the scope of these health challenges.
To unlock tomorrow’s science to develop the latest treatments, Sanofi’s R&D community is:
- investing in multi-targeting therapies to tackle multiple diseases with a single drug;
- working on combination therapies to make treatments more effective;
- developing new biologics to produce precision medicines;
- conducting breakthrough research to unlock the potential of gene therapy;
- leveraging artificial intelligence and innovative digital technologies to empower patients to better manage chronic conditions.
At the end of July 2019, the R&D pipeline contained 83 projects including 34 new molecular entities in clinical development. 35 projects are in phase 3 or have been submitted to the regulatory authorities for approval.
Sanofi is investing in five research areas to find innovative solutions for unmet needs: