Team Sanofi Athlete
Won gold at the 2023 European Games and qualified for the Olympic Games Paris 2024.
34 years old
Championing diversity, inspiring youth to fulfil their dream
Dany is a trailblazer and a international breakdancing champion from French Guiana with an unwavering will to win. He recently became European Champion and hope to represent France at the Paris 2024 Olympic Games, for Break Dance debut into the Olympic Games program.
Dany discovered breakdancing at 15 and left French Guiana to come to Mainland France to increase his chances of success in dancing. After his former ‘dance twin’ and best friend suddenly passed from a heart attack, breakdancing enabled him to cope with his grief and motivated him to perform successfully at the sport's highest levels. Now, his goal is to go for Gold at the Paris 2024 Olympic Games and become the first Olympic games champion in the history of breakdance as a tribute to his late friend.
Beyond his ambition to reach new heights, Dany quickly became an icon in the breakdancing world, embodying break culture - a dance that ultimately sits at the intersection of sport and culture and that champions diversity and celebrates people’s differences. He showcases styles from multicultural origins, just like his own, in his dance and uses his platform to inspire a new generation of dancers in the French overseas community to achieve their dreams. Dany also created his association, Best One, to inspire children and young people to join break dancing and fulfil their dream.
World Track Record
- Won gold at the 2023 European Games and qualified for the Olympic Games Paris 2024
- Three times French national champion (2023, 2022, 2018)
- Won gold at the 2023 Breaking For Gold World Series in Brazil
- He came in Fifth in the 2022 World Championships
- Won Gold at the European Championships in 2022
- In 2018, he triumphed at the Battle of The Year, one of the biggest international breaking competitions