Did you know that adolescents and young adults are one of the most at-risk groups for
developing meningococcal meningitis? 1
It’s time to get clued up about this rare but potentially devastating vaccine-preventable disease and how best to help protect yourself. 1,2,3
The more you know, the more you can help protect yourself...
- WHO. Meningococcal meningitis. Available at: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/meningococcal-meningitis Accessed February 2021.
- ECDC. Factsheet about meningococcal disease. Available at: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/meningococcal-disease/factsheet Accessed February 2021.
- Meningitis Research Foundation. What are meningitis and septicaemia. Available at: https://www.meningitis.org/meningitis/what-is-meningitis Accessed February 2021.
- CDC. Meningococcal disease – Diagnosis, Treatment, and Complications. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/meningococcal/about/diagnosis-treatment.html Accessed February 2021.
- CDC. Meningococcal disease – Signs and Symptoms. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/meningococcal/about/symptoms.html Accessed February 2021.
- Christensen H, May M, Bowen L, et al. Meningococcal carriage by age: a systematic review and metanalysis. Lancet Infect Dis. 2010; 10 (12): 853-61.