We developed a COVID-19 booster vaccine which generates an immune response against all variants of concern tested, including Omicron.
Executive Vice President, Vaccines
Did You Know?
Evolving at an unprecedented pace
New Variants Change the Course of the Pandemic
Viruses, like COVID-19, continue to change over time (mutate) as they circulate. Just as people have a family tree, the evolution of the COVID-19 virus can be similarly mapped out.
COVID-19 has mutated several times from the original version of the virus, causing new variants to emerge.3
Protection is Key
The emergence of variants and waning vaccine immunity over time emphasize the importance of continued vaccination for recommended populations.5
Vaccines remain the best public health measure to protect people from COVID-19, reduce the risk of serious outcomes and reduce the likelihood of major new variants emerging.3
We executed an extensive development program which was based on innovative and proven manufacturing technology to make our protein-based adjuvanted COVID-19 booster vaccine available for use in Europe. Our COVID-19 vaccine was developed in partnership with GSK and US BARDA.
Our teams have also contributed through manufacturing and supply of other authorized COVID-19 vaccines.
-  Mayo Clinic (2023) Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Symptoms and causes. Accessed online January 2023
- Liu YC, Kuo RL, Shih SR. COVID-19: The first documented coronavirus pandemic in history. Biomed J. 2020 Aug;43(4):328-333. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bj.2020.04.007
- Basics of COVID-19 Last accessed May 2023
- What Is Omicron’s Future? And Will the Delta Variant Stage a Comeback? The Wire Science Accessed online January 2023
- World Health Organization (2022) Statement for healthcare professionals: How COVID-19 vaccines are regulated for safety and effectiveness (Revised March 2022) Accessed May 2023.
Page updated June 2023