Message from Serge Weinberg, Chairman of the Board of Directors
As the new year begins, I would like to thank you for your trust and loyalty throughout 2017. We can be satisfied with the path taken by the company in implementing and executing its strategy that has led to bringing new medical innovations to patients.
On December 13, 2017, during our "Sustaining Innovation Analyst Day", we focused on one of the four key pillars of our strategy, namely “Sustaining Innovation in R&D” …
Interview with Olivier Brandicourt, CEO
At the end of 2017, you presented your innovations in R&D to the financial community. What are the key highlights?
Two years after setting out Sanofi ’s strategic 2020 roadmap for growth, we are making overall good progress. Sanofi now is much better positioned to deliver the sustained long-term growth that our shareholders are expecting from us...
How did you transform your R&D organization?
Our momentum has been generated by the reshaping of our R&D organization and processes. More rigorous prioritization of pipeline assets, greater organizational efficiency across both Research and Development...
And beyond innovation, what were major accomplishments in 2017?
2017 was a pivotal year for Sanofi. It marked the launch of our Immunology franchise with the launch of Dupixent® and Kevzara®. We integrated the portfolio of consumer products we acquired...
Sustaining Innovation Day: spotlight on innovation
Sanofi presented R&D strategy and innovative pipeline
All data as of December 13, 2017
1. Includes four Phase 1 products and one Phase 2 product for which Sanofi has opt-in rights but has not exercised these rights.
2. Adlyxin®, Dengvaxia®, Dupixent®, Kevzara®, Praluent®, Soliqua™ /Suliqua™ 100/33, Toujeo®.
- A robust pipeline expected to support long-term growth
- Nine planned regulatory submissions over the next 18 months
- At least 10 pivotal phase 3 studies expected to begin over the next 12 months
- A new R&D model leveraging new proprietary technology platforms, multi-targeting molecules and biologics.
On December 13, 2017, Sanofi invited the financial community to a pivotal event dedicated to innovation. Olivier Brandicourt, Chief Executive Officer, Elias Zerhouni, President Global Research & Development, and the heads of R&D and the Global Business Units presented to investors, analysts and the media the progress we have made against “Sustaining Innovation”, a key pillar of our 2020 strategic roadmap:
- a deep dive in Sanofi’s R&D model 2.0
- building a competitive position in Specialty Care
- sustaining leadership in Rare Disease, Diabetes & Cardiovascular Disease and Vaccines
Dupixent® approved in Europe
In September 2017, the European Commission granted marketing authorization for Dupixent®, for use in adults with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis (AD) who are candidates for systemic therapy.
Dupilumab is currently being evaluated in a comprehensive development program for AD that includes studies in children with severe AD (6 months to 11 years of age) and adolescents with moderate-to-severe AD (12 to 17 years of age).
« Empowering Life »
Sanofi launches its new signature.
Life is often described as a journey. And health touches everyone along the way. As in life itself, people face ups and downs in their health, and challenges, big or small. Sanofi ’s mission is to support people as a health journey partner. Wherever people live and whenever we can make a difference, Sanofi seeks to protect, enable and support those who face health challenges so they can live life to its full potential. This mission is expressed in Sanofi ’s new signature line:
- Sanofi to acquire Bioverativ
- Admelog® (insulin lispro injection) approved in the United States
- Sanofi and Principia agree to develop Multiple Sclerosis drug candidate
- Sanofi invests €170M in new vaccine production facility in France
- Stefan Oelrich named Executive Vice President, Diabetes & Cardiovascular
- Le Revenu Awards 2017: Sanofi's commitment to its shareholders was rewarded
Actionaria shareholder event 2017
The 20th edition of Salon Actionaria, Europe's largest exhibition dedicated to individual shareholders, was held on November 23 and 24, 2017, at the Palais des Congrès in Paris.
The Investor Relations team, alongside the individual shareholders committee, were on-site to represent the company during the two days...